Thursday, 19 March 2015

ERE5-Free hobby

Find a free hobby to keep you engaged and active.

Me, I study.
I have access to free university courses on line. I started in 2010 when I decided to do something I liked and lost time doing, instead of work that didn't. It also gave me something worthwhile to do those hours of insomnia.
I am currently writing the final paper and also have one exam left to do, but I hope for a degree in 2015.

I am interested in many other things and the same topics keeps coming back.
Periodically over the last 20-30 years or so, I also have been passionate about art, early modern history, light-weight hiking and camping, football, architecture, pilates, theory of religion, sewing, English detective novels from the 1930s, time keeping, poetry and of course learning different languages. Soap, clothes and candle-making as well as cooking are not hobbies per se but I really enjoy them and it keeps costs down. They can be substitute-cost free (as in the same cost as if I bought them) and make me more self-sufficient. 

I share many of these interest with the man, which is very convenient. I am not sure I engage very much with other people in my hobbies, nor do I give much back. So this part has room for improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment