Saturday, 21 March 2015

Wedding

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I have been invited to a wedding again. Drat.
It is such a drag. I am really not a suitable guest at most weddings.

The only wedding I remember fondly was the one when we all were green from the night before.
(Do not drink with the bride's sister! General rule.)
All other weddings have different shades of pain. 
The best are the ones I have not attended.

This one I will have to attend. I do not know the couple but I will have to be there.
However after negotiations, the destination wedding has been to be included in a camping vacation and I have been bribed with a very nice place for my tent. Ungratefully I have accepted.
How bad could it be when I get to go home to my sleeping bag afterwards?

I have a very nice pair of office trousers left from my affluent days and a re-sewn top from the early 1990's so I do not really have a clothes problem. If push comes to shove, there is even a summer-party dress in the wardrobe that still fits and could be acceptable. It is not a dress that I would like to be caught dead in, but then, hey there will be very few people that I know at this wedding so I don't much have to think about what they think of me. The man will be in kilt and will draw all the attention. And I will not be comfortable regardless of what I wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment