Sunday, 17 May 2015

20%Retired

2013 I accepted a new job.
I was on the brink of financial independence and hesitant to take on a new steady job.
An interview in Nice overlooking the Côte d'Azur with a cool manager changed my mind. 
I took it and I have not regretted it.

The arguments for employment were the following:
I live wherever I want and I get a small, cheap office paid for me.
I make twice the amount of money that I need and I work no more than what I need to make that amount. No more.

Today, I work four days a week and save around 60 % of the income.
No over hours, no commute, no dress code, no stress, pension in a safe country, five weeks annual vacation, flexible hours if I want it and an on-line office environment connecting with my colleagues around the world.

So I am 20% retired. But compared to previous jobs, I work less than half the hours from before.

(Don't ask me what I do, that is irrelevant; these kinds of work situations are always created, never standardised and never advertised. Just become an expert in your field, whatever you do.)

No comments:

Post a Comment