Monday, 25 May 2015

5YearPlan2013

The oldest and most worn question in a work place interview is:
Where do you see yourself in five years?

You know you are going to be asked it so of course you have prepared a suitable work related answer. 

But personally, where do you want to be in five years? Not only work but with your health, knowledge, accomplishments, mental views and assets. What do you want to have done with your life if we talk again in five years?

2013 I wrote a five year plan and because of all that has happened, it is time to review it:
- Work in the Y area                       Check! Office in Y area
- Sell the house                               Check! House sold 2014
- Speak/write the new language      Put in more effort. I have come a long way but not finished
- Buy a camper van                         No check, possibly not realistic but the dream is still alive
- Get a B.A.                                    Autumn 2015 at the latest
- Write the book                             The plan is being specified so the plan is active
- Write articles and essays for publication     I started a blog as my forum
- Go to Africa and volunteer          Yeah, I still dream about this
- Have assets above Z                    Assets close to Zx2 so check, check, check

I need to develop a new five year plan from 2016.
Now, where do I want to be in five years?

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have reconsidered going to Africa. My wife was a missionaries daughter. She grew up in Lagos, Nigeria. Then after the Civil War she and her family moved to Niger. It is a very, very hard life. Today volunteers are the targets of the different Islamic terrorist groups and it's very unsafe. The terrorists kill women just as unconcernedly as they do men.

    ReplyDelete