Thursday, 30 July 2015

Moving

I enjoy moving.

Not the packing, lifting, rebuilding furniture part of it. But I like the leaving behind and going forward part.

Between 1984 and 1992, if I count correctly, I moved 12 times in 9 different cities and four different countries (oh no, with a re-count there must have been more). Anyway, between 2008 and 2015, I have lived in five different apartments (not counting half a year in numerous hotels) and have had seven different offices. 

The office will now have to move again. Same city, same area, only three roads away. I went to look at it yesterday. (I am the only one from my company in this country, so I arrange my office as I wish.) it is very different but it will be fine.

My evening office room mate is arranging everything, I just have to show up and my boss only has to pay. The actual move will be within three months.

Evening office room mate? No? You never heard of it?
I work in the office 8-16, she works in the office 17-22. I do not work every day and neither does she. However she works weekends and I never do. We are both organised, tidy and punctual.
We never meet.
I clear my desk after every working day (as I have done for years) and she does the same. We each have cupboards for stuff - and we do completely different things. It is a good arrangement.

Do not pay for more than you need and/or use.

No comments:

Post a Comment