Friday, 11 September 2015

Instruments2015

On sunny afternoons, our local square turns into an outdoor playground for the children and all the neighbourhood musicians come out to play together. Very charming. Most of it is out of tune and key but it is enjoyed by all.

I came back today and promptly dug out my alto recorder (wooden flute instrument). I have played on and off since I was about 9. Mostly off and therefore I have never gained any great skills. But I like it, and I do keep coming back to it. In all my clearing sessions, my recorder always gets to stay.
It is f

The man used to play the horn. He also did it better and much more seriously than I ever did. He was even in a marching band, touring in Europe. He however has no instruments left, except a pair of drums sticks that were given away and a pair of maracas that were a gag gift for a birthday many years ago.

None of us have any notes or musical scores left. If I am lucky, I have my old training books in a box at my mother's but they may be gone. 

The total number of musical instruments in our house is 3.
How many things do you have that you can make music with?
Do you?

Now - I just have to stretch my fingers to get the flexibility back so that I can play properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment