Wednesday, 16 September 2015

Like

I like my money. I value them just because they are there, not in terms of what they can buy.

My first step towards valuing my money was to set up a little shrine to them. Oh yeah, it is so silly, but it is only a mental marker and reminder.

I picked a Chinese symbol for money (Happy Buddha with a gold ingot, but anything that you connect with good money will do). I placed him in my direct line of sight and told myself that he will keep the money I have and that he draw more money towards me.
It is a part of the Chinese tradition of Feng Shui (you can not avoid it in China so just roll with it).

My little Buddha looked so out of place.
Every time I saw him, I would think: - Hey, what's that there? Oh, right, my money maker.
I like money. Right, yes, I like money.

I put a red thread with three knots in my wallet. It fell out every time I opened it and it told me to not give out more money than I really had to. None if possibly.

I started respecting my money and valuing them for themselves, not for their later results.
Almost like loving children not for the sporting results but just because they are yours.


2 comments:

  1. We believe here that one should not ever never put his purse on the floor, it brings bad luck to money, i love my money too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a nice tradition to keep the respect for money!

      Delete