Friday, 30 October 2015

Result-OctoberChallenge


The task I set for myself in October was to go through all underwear and sleepwear.  Many sorting, clearing and wardrobe projects exempts these sections of clothing - for example Project 33. I am not interested in minimising, my focus it to live my life fully and completely. Shopping is not part of that for me so I care for what I already own and already like.

The challenge showed that I have seven sets of pyjama or home wear (either top and bottom or cover all) + a pair of yoga trousers. Nothing matches of course and most is not of best quality. But I have no needs, noting has to purchased and all is simple to replace - or sew myself perhaps?

In total I also own eight bra's of different sorts, of which three are on their way out. There are no needs and not even any wants since the latest purchase. I also have five loose flexi-straps in different colours (without bra's). There are also fifteen pairs of underwear, most in the exact style and in good working condition as well as a few with some special jobs to do (as in a very special pair that only gets to go out with my white linen trousers.) I also have a white slip and two full slip dresses for good and formal wear as well as a pair of nipple covers. I really was dressing quite smartly in the past.

Regarding socks there are five pairs of short black ones left from ten or twelve identical socks, five pairs of black high socks, five pairs of black ankle socks and eight hiking or sports socks. There is an upcoming need for a new stack of identical black short socks so I will keep my eyes open for my favourite kind. (They must be perfect and they must have something so I can distinguish them from the black socks of the man in the laundry.)

I also own two knee-high nylon stockings to use in fancy shoes, which I wonder if I will ever use again, unless it is to the opera or so.  I also have four pairs of stockings (by some called pantihose) but then one of them are fishnet stockings. Yes, black fishnet stockings. There are also two pairs of tights belonging to a style I have left behind so they are now used more for warmth.

To summarise: The only thing I possibly need within short future is a stack of socks, ten or so. I will keep my eyes open for more pyjamas too, either to buy or to sew.

4 comments:

  1. I am puzzled as to why you need more pyjamas. It would appear to me that you already have more than enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But i LIKE them. They represent one of my favourite activities, after thinking.

      Delete
  2. How does this inventory compare to the man? Does he manage this entirely independently?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The man is his own, he does not inventory, but he does know how to count. Besides he is (using what could be the most appropriate term) more of a commando man.

      Delete