Saturday, 14 November 2015

Souvenirs


Souvenirs are for people who:
- don’t trust themselves to remember
- go to places to tell others about it (meaning they live in the face of others)
- don’t take time to enjoy the place while they are there (also only takes pictures without people on them)
- think they will never travel ever again (so everything has to be collected for the future). 

I have souvenirs. I have a nightgown bought while at one of my German university still in use, a key chain found on the street outside my house in Shanghai and of course my lovely hand mirror from Hungary. Are they not souvenirs? I have a short memory, like telling people about my travels, usually work hard while travelling and never expect anything nice ever to happen again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment