Monday, 21 December 2015

Colour

 Develop a colour at a time

I like variety. I also own more things than I display. My interests also change over time (although the same topics seems to be coming round quite irregularly).

One way to give variety, change, to enjoy the things you own and if possible, also to initiate clearing and de-cluttering is to develop a colour theme. 
And to change it frequently.
This is the trick. 
Change your display cabinet, your pictures on the wall, your notice board, your window sills and your souvenir shelf continuously.
Things happen. 
You will see.

One way to find change is to do it by colour.
Chose a colour and display for a week everything you own in that colour.
This week perhaps is a good time to be conventional. Find everything red and display it.
Of find everything green for that winter forest feeling if the sun is too strong and warm this week.
Perhaps you prefer your whites and your silvers for a lighter decoration in darker times.

Enjoy your possessions.
If they do not enjoy you, let them leave your house to make somebody else miserable (or happy hopefully).

2 comments:

  1. Rearranging my stuff on a regular basis never occurred to me, but it might be a good idea. I'm not much of a decorator, but it might brighten my life a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try. Your brain might like it. After all it is only things, they can always just go back.

      Delete