Saturday, 5 December 2015

Done

What do you wish you could say that you have done?

Do you wish you could say that you have a child? (Maybe you could say it anyway if it is about you and not the child?) Use French in a conversation? (This is harder to fake and really does actually require a lot of hard work to pull off.) (Unless you are born with it.) (French I mean.)

How do you want to be perceived? As an intellectual, as the one who is always as they always have been? As an interesting person? As an unexpected person? As someone who has new things to tell?
Listen to some of the more pedestrian, mundane, everyday persons. They all have something new to tell (except my grandmother who tells the same stories over and over.)

What do you want to associate yourself with? Do you want to be a Levi's person, a Clinique customer, an oatmeal eater, a runner, a historian, an engineer or just a person who knows everything about the Grateful Dead? Or something else? You can choose anything - except what you do as your job!

What do you want to be known for? Or what do you want to be known as?
The one who went to Guatemala in a beat down car and came home on a plane having forged a credit card number? (Not me!) The one who went to Guatemala and lost so much weight they lost their trousers in customs when the belt had to be taken off. (Yes, me.)The one who never went to Guatemala? The one who never went anywhere? (That's fine, as long as you like where you are.)

Do that. Dare to come out.
Be who you want to be. Do what you dream off.
A lifestyle change does not have to include all parts of your life.
Only what you want. 
And one step at the time.

4 comments:

  1. I call myself a farther, runner and model airplane flyer. I am exploring my spirituality but I have not figured a role or a name for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that is a conversationstarter if I ever heard one!

      Delete
  2. What do you want to be known for? Or what do you want to be known as? I think those are life's biggest questions. I don't know the answers but I think about them often. You are right - a lifestyle change does not have to include all parts of your life. That is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen so many people craving a lifestyle change and the result is usually a separation. Not quite what they wanted but so often the result if one does nit allow oneself to change a little to make most days interesting. At least sometimes eat your dessert first.

      Delete