Friday, 11 December 2015

Jeans

I have bought a pair of jeans for 6€.

A pair of brand new jeans for 6€.

A pair of pitch black brand new pair of jeans for 6€.

A pair of thick, quality, brand name, pitch black brand new pair of jeans for 6€.

In my size. IN MY ODD SIZE (requiring an in seam of at least 36'').
They fit like a glove.
A pair of odd sized thick, quality, brand name, pitch black brand new pair or jeans for 6€.
I saw them across the room in the good book second hand shop.  They are labelled with a different size but trust me to be able to spot a pair of extra length jeans across a crowded room.

The jeans need a new zipper in the fly (I noted after I had bought them). However, the repair-tailor in the laundry/dry-cleaner across the street will fix that for 10€ and a few days. Including the price of the zipper.
Total cost 16€.

I was budgeting 90-100€ for a much needed pair new pair of jeans. I was making plans to try and make some money or gift cards to reduce the price and to delay the buying point even further.

Now I will have to channel all that over to some other need.
Still, I blew my budget for clothes this year (as the budget for this year was supposed to be 0, excluding the rain jacket). It is however so worth it right now.
And the budget for clothes for next year can then be 0 on purpose.

And did I say that they fit like a glove? And show off my great ass?
No, I don't say that. I wouldn't because, to quote Karen Miller, I am a lady.

2 comments: