Monday, 11 January 2016

Kitchen

Filling the table salt shaker from the large, value pack of salt, I say:
- Why is the package wet?
- Has something spilled from the top? the man asks.
- We'll have to  empty the cupboard then.
- This is wet too.
- Look how dirty it is.
- We'd better move the cupboard then.
- I'll empty all the food.
- Should we move all the cupboards?
- Look how dirty it is.
- Is it leaking from the pipes?
- We'll clean it all off and then we can see.
- Can you take all the frames off too, including the nails, please.
- I'll get the vacuum cleaner first.
- Look, maybe I should move the fridge.
- Look how dirty it is.
- If you scrub the pipes, I can scrub the wall.
- We'd better clean the entire wall.
- Can we use the paint cleaner on the wall?
- We have paint too.
- If you go to the basement for the rollers I'll get the paint.
- I'll fill the holes with plaster first.
- I get water all over the floor when I scrub it.
- But you could put the proper painters cover plastic on the floor first.
- It is done, it took ten minutes.
- Look how clean it is.
- Let's make lunch on the camping cooker.
- We'll let it dry for a while.
- It is so clean that maybe we do not have to paint the wall.

To make a long story short - now we are re-painting the kitchen.
One wall at the time.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. AND we are looking contemplatively at the flooring...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. We are indeed quite funny in the ridiculous sort of way, enjoying it immensely.

      Delete