Wednesday, 24 August 2016

Harvest

Three sprouting potatoes from the bottom of the fridge went into a crate of left over soil on the balcony in May. More soil and water was added during the summer.
Then we left for a month. The plants died without flowering. The dream of a potato harvest withered too.

STILL, look what I found yesterday.






 I eat my potatoes with butter. Sorry about the potato camera used.

Now I know that I can grow potatoes and feed myself at least once without much work.
Are you harvesting you potato crop too?


7 comments:

  1. We've eaten half our crop - some serious potato eating is necessary to finish the rest. I agree about the butter. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Butter! Or perhaps garlic mayo. I wish I could grow more but a balcony ocer a canal does not allow much.

      Delete
  2. I love surprise potatoes! And potatoes really are a vege that tastes noticeably better home grown, I feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the taste comes from going out and digging them right before dinner. That is what I like the most!

      Delete
  3. Ours are just about ready as is many of the other veggies. We grow leaf lettuce in the greenhouse so we can eat that from May until November.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds wonderful! Sometime I wish I had the space you have!

      Delete
  4. Yay for potatoes! I think they are one of the easiest thibgs to grow. Yours look really yummy!

    ReplyDelete