Thursday, 29 September 2016

Days

There are days.
Days with no silver lining.
Days that could go down in history as days without benefits.
Days that really shouldn't have got out of bed in the morning.
Days when there is nothing happy to write in a blog about and I spend my sleepless nights reading and loosing myself in other blogger's contentment and satisfaction with their successes.

The family now has two, not one, but two, members with dementia diagnosis. There is also one official exhaustion diagnosis, one heart problem and one in complete denial.
That is it. That is the family in its entirety. (The extended family is still huffing on as the train.)

The friends are either unhelpful, has a hospitalised daughter with anorexia, a hysterectomy, a sister with schizophrenia (well, yes, but that is not new so this only is added to the list because I am having a pity party) or is unemployed going on 11 months.

I also failed not one but two in a row papers I've handed in for my history studies. New teacher, different criteria but I have not failed a paper in years. Exams yes, but never a paper. I am slightly stunned and contemplate failing.

We are going away for the weekend and the man is not preparing or not communicating the plan, the route, the weather, the needs and the potentials which annoys me. I can do spontaneous but I have a hard time planning to be spontaneous.

The work is lazy and possibly without future after next year. Last week I was complaining that I didn't get to travel very often and now I complain I have to go away twice in October. And to add to the frustration is that it is to the same place! Apparently not possible to combine either. New legislation may squeeze me moving into another country but nothing is decided yet.
And it has started to rain.
And I burned the porridge this morning.
And ... and... and...

...but I did fix my bike. The lights and the luggage straps are replaced and in full working order.
I made lots of mince meat, green bean in cream sauce with penne pasta for dinner and grated extra cheese for on top. That was nice.
I am also happy about my weight currently and I can do seven push-ups in a row. Almost all the way down too. It only hurts a little afterwards.
I am also wearing all my summer clothes one last time before I succumb to the cold and start digging in to the sweaters and winter jackets. I just add a tank-top under, or put a cardigan over.

Possibly it is not too bad all in all...
at least I am not spending money to make me happy so the frugal finances are keeping me safe for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment