Monday, 19 September 2016

Living

I am currently spending my time in the land of the living, the dying and the demented.

While I deal with my own health issues (all is well, but still no answers), the rest of the family has decided to collectively fall to pieces.
While I handle work and school, I also project manage the practical lives of a number of people.

When one is put back up again, the other falls to pieces. The third decides to help and breaks the first. The fourth decides to come out with supportive health issues, sending everybody into frenzy of trying to deal with information that was revealed for the first time in forty years. The fifth is asked just to sit still but will not.

I pull my hair, while having a phlegmatic outburst internally. "- Could you just please just take care of yourself before you start trying to help somebody else? Please." It makes it so much easier for everybody else.

And if you need help, could you please say what you need help with instead of insisting all is well with you but your plants needs watering? While the real problem is that you are not eating properly?

Thankfully, while my minuscule family circle is dwindling, new relatives appear out of the wood work. Sane people. Helpful people. Cheerful people. Old as the independence of Finland but as stable and quiet. When I screwed up, they stepped in and helped me.

Just because they are related.

7 comments:

  1. I wish you good health and peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the kindest in the blogosphere, Yael. Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Viking, i hope things are better.

      Delete
  2. Family, family...looks like you got 98 year young to help you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is truly a long-living genpool I come out of.

      Delete