Sunday, 27 November 2016

Life


I was once asked what my ideal life would be.
If I remember correctly I answered something meaning that I wanted to live as if it was Saturday everyday. I remember I then called it Plan B Impossible.

In 2015, when I had settled into my one-day-a-week-retired lifestyle, I really enjoyed it.

In the end of 2016, when this life-style is threatened to become a three-to-five-day-a-week-retired lifestyle, it is important to remember to enjoy it.

I do enjoy it. Breakfast food, books in bed, coffee on tap and a lot of time looking out the window, or reading out loud to each other and then going to look up things we learned or should have remembered from things we have learned before, making plans to go and see things, people and places, and preparing food to cook slowly and eating deliberately with or without friends...

I just wish I would get out of my pyjama a little earlier in the day.

Today it is the third day in a row, when I do my morning shower after three o'clock in the afternoon.

(See why it is good for me to hold on to a job routine!!!)

4 comments:

  1. hahaha I have the same problem.....even in summer, so I know it's not because the flat is so damned cold! My mother was the same and I mocked her for it. That'll teach me! You could sleep in your clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could I not just get a suit styled pyjama?

      Delete
  2. As long as the job is enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete