Monday, 26 June 2017

Hanging wardrobe 2017

I differentiate between clothes that are folded and clothes that are hung on hangers.
There is no good reason for this, other than the obvious: I do not have a lot of wardrobe space (because I really do not need a lot of wardrobe space) and because I do not have a lot of clothes that requires ironing.

I am meticulous about my ironing, having been taught by an expert in my young age.
I would never, ever fold an ironed garment. Except when I have to pack. Then my heart breaks (or possibly something a little less melodramatic).

The hanging wardrobe contains my 9 jackets, one delicate knitted cardigan, one ski-jacket, one self-sewn bathrobe and seven trousers on five hangers. That means there are 16 hangers on the top-level.

The hanging wardrobe also contains 19 hangers with various types of tops and shirts, and one hanger with two skirts on it. In total there are 20 hangers on the lower level of my hanging wardrobe.

With that the wardrobe is full (it is only 45 cm (half a meter, say a foot and a half) wide and the standard height.) I have coats and dresses in the man's huge walk-in wardrobe and also my shoes.

That's it, that is what there is. That is all I have.
19 hanging tops, shirts and blouses.
Now I will work my way through it, using or altering everything.
I am especially looking for a chance to use my ski-equipment. Fat chance for that in the northern hemisphere in July.

Do you have an enormous hanging closet filled with clothes, all ironed and colour coordinated?

6 comments:

  1. I have 75% of a big closet (hubby get 25%) organized only by long sleeve, short sleeve, sleeveless, dresses, skirts and pants. I also have another closet with clothes that are size challenged. I also have piles that are intended for the second hand store but that trip never seems to get done. I really have too much and if I haven't worn it in the last year it should be donated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you know exactly what you need to do. What do you need to start doing it? A couple of plastic bags perhaps to stuff the piles in perhaps...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a load of clothes hanging in the wardrobe, but I hardly ever wear them as they are mostly fairly smart and I'm more of a Tshirt and jeans person most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to have access to fairly smart clothes occasionally though, isn't it?

      Delete
  4. I could probably pare down to the amount you have, but it would take the enormous effort of getting rid of things I no longer wear. But for my hanging things I'll bet I could do it.

    Is there enough snow on Svalbard to go skiing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, but only with a rifle to shot the attacking polar bears with.

      Delete