Monday, 24 July 2017

1560s

There is so much changing right now - so many new thoughts, so many new lessons, so much to think about. I can not keep up, I can not hold on to it - I think I will just let go and flow with the flow of changes.

I went to Paris and learned how to ride the metro, where to go for a research pass, how to handle the 16th century ledgers, how to feed a cat, how to walk a dog, how to survive in 30 degree heat (Celsius) and how to ... a thousand other things. It was only for a few days, I have been there before, I have done all of these things before and still - it changed me.
I came back to the man a different person than I had left.

I am going back to Paris for two weeks later this week to care for another cat, in another house, in another part of town. Once the word got out that I was house-sitting and working from home, the offers came immediately. I am now covering the August vacation for a former colleague, living, working, and sleeping out of her house while watering her plants and feeding her cat. The man will join me as much as he can work remotely from his new project.

The urge to buy things is gone. My focus is now on my research project, my master's thesis and my book.
The need to clear out my house, my wardrobe, my stuff is reduced. It is done and I have other things to do.
The need to loose weight is also reduced, as I have lost another 3 kilo beyond my target of ±0 by just living the new lifestyle of daily movement and normal portions of clean food. Eating is a lot less important than it used to be, training is the new fun and I feel that I will loose more weight with just this new normal way of living. (It was mightily hard work to change habits, learning how to eat normally and how to do daily exercises and activities, but now, four months later, it is a new normal thing.)
The stock-markets are falling and my financial value is reduced every day. I still have plenty though, my financial independence money is still above 30 years with this frugal budget. Maybe it is time to stop looking at the assets and just living the normal frugal life. I still have a job that pay my (low) monthly expenses and provides savings.
I take buses and eat ready-to-eat chick-peas out of the can for lunch with pasta for dinner. I work and read and write.
That is all possible within a normal frugal budget.
My life is now firmly wedged into the 1560's; the life, times and people.

I will take a break blogging and just flow with life. If anybody has any tidbit of information (with source of course) regarding the 1560's, please tell me.

8 comments:

  1. Have fun! Enjoy your new lifestyle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's see how long it lasts, both the new lifestyle and the non-blogging... ;)

      Delete
  2. Foxe's Book of Martyrs, the book which consolidated the Protestant reformation in England, was published in 1563.

    http://www.exclassics.com/foxe/foxintro.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It sounds fun and productive. Maybe I should learn French and take your overflow business.😁 I am really good with cats, dogs, and birds and am pretty handy around the house.
    If I find anything on the 1560s I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd be much appreciated! Cats don't need French, they need "cat-talk". Dogs on the other hand requires their commandos as spoken.

      Delete
  4. I should get in on this house sitting idea...might be a good way to stay in some interesting places!! Nothing on the topic of the 1560's but I wish you well in your research! Hope to see your awesome posts again when it's time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, just offer yourself to friends. It is a nice way to see normal life in interesting places - I think.

      Delete