Saturday, 15 July 2017

Alt + Shift


Now I live in Paris on my own, with a cat, a dog and a research pass to Bibliothèque National where I read 16th century documents in the old Palais de Mazarin. It is very warm. I live in a small apartment on the north bank of the Seine. I walk the dog three times a day in the inner city and I cuddle the cat who prefers her life in a window. I eat at home and go for long walks through the city. But I am not a tourist. I have a job to do, a life to live and things to do. Today I've been in the library all day. Tomorrow I am meeting an old colleague for Sunday brunch. We'll compare notes on what we did on Fête National.

This new life will only last five days. At the end of this, I will leave all this behind and return to the man who is at home working hard.

I am house, dog and cat sitting a long weekend for friends of friends.

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy the life of a Parisienne while it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is enjoyable just because it is only for a few days.

      Delete
  2. I could learn to like that lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has some benefits! And btw, the dog loves to smell bare-legged, alcohol and perfume smelling young women. He truly would be a perfect wing-man for anybody with those interests! Anybody?

      Delete
    2. Such a talented beast! Too bad I'm old and married.

      Delete
  3. Sounds so surreal to me, having never been to Paris and only seeing it in pictures, movies etc. Enjoy your time there!

    ReplyDelete